Job Title: Assistant Reception Manager
Location: North Leicestershire
Commutable from Loughborough Nottingham Melton Mowbray
Salary: £24,000 – £26,500 per annum.
Hours of Work: 39 hours per week working 5 days out of 7 between 7.00 am – 10 pm on a rota basis including 2 weekends
Start Date: Immediately
We are hiring for Assistant Reception Manager that is experienced in Guest Relations in Leicester. This is a boutique business that has clients from all over the UK and even abroad and you will be an important part of this team helping with customer experience
Duties of an Assistant Reception Manager
In this role, you will be working in the guest relations team to ensure the completion of all administration and reception duties. Assuming responsibility for the day-to-day operations, ensuring all guests receive a warm, polite and efficient service. To support and motivate the team, ensuring high standards and professionalism from all staff
Reporting to the Reception Manager and managing a team of 12 you will be responsible for:
- Ensure that arrival and departure procedures operate smoothly and professionally.
- Delegation of tasks
- To induct new starters
- Investigates and resolves fundamental issues impacting the smooth delivery of front office responsibilities.
- Ensures an atmosphere that supports exceeding guest expectations.
- Effectively responds to and resolves guest problems and complaints.
- Ensure ongoing training.
- To follow all Reception procedures and systems
- To continually monitor and audit front of house procedures, recommending and implementing new ideas to improve and develop the quality of the service.
- To assist the Manager in the recruitment of new staff where necessary.
- To ensure the departmental manual is kept up to date.
- To follow security guidelines laid down by reception in terms of using the safe, money drawer and being responsible for the keys.
- To provide daily, weekly, and monthly revenue statistics with detailed explanations of any unexpected results.
- If required, check guests into the computer system correctly ensuring charges and deposits are correctly apportioned, thus balancing the system.
- Help maintain a safe working environment for all
- Ensure that guest’s requests are handled correctly, and fully documented and information is efficiently communicated to other departments where necessary.
- Ensure reception areas and personal appearance is kept to the highest level at all times.
- To undertake 3-month reviews with new starters
- To produce the Spend per Head figures weekly and distributed them to the relevant Personnel.
- Ensure shift reports are fully completed, the shift is finished correctly and handed over to the next shift both verbally and written in the handover book.
- To ensure the daily banking is complete and up to date, ensuring all errors are pointed out to the correct departments
- Participates in daily meetings and models desired service behaviours in all interactions.
- Reviews guest satisfaction results.
- To deal with all invoices ensuring accuracy.
- Deal effectively with payments and chase where necessary.
- Provide regular updates for the Reception Manager regarding balances.
- To liaise closely with the Marketing department and the Reception
- Manager to establish a smooth-running operation of all competitions both in terms of detailed instructions and billing procedures.
- Help ensure labour budgets are conformed to.
- Take responsibility for the safe contents, floats and cash handling, reporting any discrepancies to the Reception Manager
- Ensures compliance with all local and national regulations.
- Focuses on reducing staff turnover
- Abide by the company’s health and safety policies.
- Ensures required training records are always kept professionally and easily accessible.
- Ensure areas remain clean and tidy to avoid issues with fire safety
Skills and experience of an Assistant Reception Manager
As an Assistant Reception Manager you need to have experience with;
- Solid communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Innovative. Proactive and reliable.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in hotel-type operations.
- Knowledge of front of house operational systems
- Supervision of team members
- Strong administration skills
About the Client
Our client is a luxury treatment specialist that is looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Reception Manager to join their team permanently. You’ll be joining the Reception team in a beautifully located countryside establishment.
Apply to this Assistant Reception Manager role through this advert. If you would like more information about this role, please contact our Commercial team on 0116 262 3733
About Regional Recruitment Services – A Recruitment Agency in Leicester
This position is advertised by Regional Recruitment Services Ltd, award-winning independent recruitment We offer permanent, temporary and contract jobs within the Commercial, Construction, Industrial and Engineering sectors. To view all of our positions available throughout the United Kingdom, please visit our website (regionalrecruitment.co.uk)