Job Title: Carpenter
Pay Rate: £19 – £21 per hour
Hours of Work: 08:00 – 16:00
Type: Temporary (Long-term)
Start Date: Immediately (flexible for notice periods)
We are hiring for a carpenter that has experience working on refurbishment projects/new build expansions in Northampton Town Centre. This is a large refurbishment project and you will be work will be ongoing for years to come with room for progression and a negotiable salary.
Duties of a Carpenter
In this role you will be working alongside others to get the work completed in time and up to standard. Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Taking measurements and preparing the site for woodwork
- Preparing drawings for cabinetry, framing and other construction projects on site
- Designing and installing fitted wooden shelves, cabinets, and drywall
- Installing fixtures and fittings such as handles, locks and hinges
- Select and evaluate materials for potential defects
- Reading and interpreting deign to meet specifications set by Architects
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, and other tradesmen
- Following all standards for kitchens and bathrooms in remodelling projects
- Sourcing timer by size, strength, and budget by woodworking for joinery projects
- Assessing and reviewing additional carpentry or joinery refurbishments
- Performing finish carpentry including sliding, flooring, and built-ins
Skills and experience of a Carpenter
As a carpenter, you need have experience with:
- Previous carpentry experience is required
- CSCS card (required)
It would be beneficial to the Carpentry role if you also had:
- Proof of previous work completed
About the Client
Our client is a forward-thinking, ever-growing company who have got projects lines up for years to come and are looking for a carpenter to join their project on a long-term temporary basis. You’ll be joining a team of different trades and the client offers a negotiable package in return for reliability and good work ethic.
Apply for this Carpentry role through this advert. If you would like more information about this role, please contact our Construction team on 0116 262 3733 or email@example.com
If successful, you will need to digitally register with our agency (if you haven’t already done so). If you have not been contacted regarding your application within 7 days, please assume that you have not been successful. We will however retain your application for any future roles for which you may be suitable.
About Regional Recruitment Services – A Recruitment Agency Nationwide
This position is advertised by Regional Recruitment Services Ltd, an award-winning independent recruitment agency that has been recruiting since 2008. We offer permanent, temporary and contract jobs within the Commercial, Construction, Industrial and Engineering sectors. To view all our positions available throughout the United Kingdom, please visit our website (regionalrecruitment.co.uk/job-search).