Electrical / Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Standard working hours 07.30 – 16.00 Monday to Thursday with a 15.00 finish on a Friday.
Salary: £30K – £35K
The role will involve a combination of planned and reactive maintenance on electrical and mechanical production machinery. The successful candidate will be willing and able to work in a foundry environment. The foundry industry is traditional, its hard work and you will get dirty!
• Workshop work & repair of items
• Dismantling of all kinds of machinery available on site & re-assembly, rebuilding with replacement / new parts as appropriate
• Fabrication of parts, either refurbishment or replacement f or those associated with “plant projects” including use of machine shop lathe & Drill
• Routine maintenance of machinery, including but not limited to visual inspection, greasing, replacing pipework & hoses, checking fluid levels etc.
• There will be times during the working week when electrical issues may arise & you will be required to be multi-tasking & prepared to tackle these issues or support another member of the team (& vice versa) as part of your Overall duties and responsibilities
• General Maintenance, Fault Finding, Repairs and Replacement – Electrical
• ( Replacing light tubes or fittings, metering out & replacing contactors in control panels, trouble shooting, changing control button switches on machines, fault finding & rectification, rewiring drive motors etc )
• Replacement of low voltage (240V) items as appropriate.
• Trouble shooting on High Voltage systems (415v) & Liaison with electrical contractor as necessary
• Fault finding on hydraulic & pneumatic systems & circuits
• Fire Alarm & Emergency Lighting Testing
• Utility Meter Readings
• Portable Appliance Testing
• Proven practical experience and skills & physically fit to undertake manual handling duties
• A team player, with mechanical knowledge & be a good all-rounder, who is reliable, a competent communicator and has a flexible and professional approach as the working day will never follow any pattern.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us on 0116 336 7601 and ask for Chirag. Or email email@example.com.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website.