Due to recent growth and continued success our client is expanding its reach to Leicester. Our client has been in the construction business for over 30 years and are involved in all forms of construction, managing both small and large projects.
Our client is looking for an experienced Estimator who is familiar in all forms of construction.
What’s on Offer?
• Salary £40 to £48k Dependant on Experience
• A mileage allowance will be offered for any journey (other than to and from the office).
• 28 day holiday including Bank Holiday
• Generous pension scheme
Key Duty & Responsibility
• Can tender for SMM7 projects and also price elementally.
• The role includes visiting sites and dealing with clients face to face.
• Has the ability to interpret what is required from basic plans and elevations and write their own specification of works.
• Input into the design process to aid value engineering.
• To be able to work out from experience what form of construction will be required structurally.
• Liaise with designers and project managers.
• Manually take off quantities.
• Write a specification of works to suppliers and subcontractors and obtain appropriate prices.
• Obtain design prices.
• Price the project using Microsoft Excel.
• Create a typed quote and specification in Microsoft Word.
• Aid in presenting the scheme to clients.
• Collaborative and a team player.
• A minimum of 10-15 year’s experience in construction as a minimum, experience and ability to do the job are more important than qualifications.
• Must have own transport.
• Strong communication skills, should be able to communicate confidently with all members of the construction team, directors, clients and consultants.
• Willingness to be flexible within the working day and management of targets.
• Ability to work on own initiative with confidence and accuracy.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us on 0116 366 7601 and ask for Chirag or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies