Location: Alton, Hampshire
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Hours: Full time 36.5 Hours (Monday – Friday)
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to take charge of the day-to-day running of the organisations finances; including accounts, payroll and funding. This is an exciting leadership position where managing the Finance team and communicating across departmental managers will be key to ensure budgets are adhered to.
The ideal applicant will have a recognised professional accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA) and be able to demonstrate a solid background in implementing controls and processes. You will have experience in operating an efficient and effective Finance service, have a good knowledge of VAT and will be experienced in the production of cash flow, budgets, management and statutory accounts.
Duties for the successful Financial Controller:
* The Financial Controller will be responsible for maintaining and developing, the accounting records
* The Financial controller will also be responsible for the learning and development of the Finance team and conduct appraisals and performance reviews.
* To work closely with the Management Accountant preparing the month end management account.
* Prepare and produce the Statutory Accounts including preparing the year-end files for the auditors.
* Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
* To develop and ensure adherence to accounting and internal control procedures.
* Preparation of cash flow forecasts.
* To ensure that the trust meets its statutory obligations as they fall due.
The following skills are required from the Financial Controller:
* Qualified ACCA or ICAEW (ACA) Accountants
* Be able to lead and manage a team.
* Experience of using Sage Line 50.
* Excellent working knowledge of Excel with an ability to use it to an advanced level.
* Able to demonstrate the production of Budgets and statutory accounts
* Positive and professional attitude with the ability to work well independently.
* Familiar with the preparation of VAT returns
* Proactive with the ability to identify process improvement and implement and changes.
Benefits on offer: 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays), Insurance, Pension & Health schemes, Perk box discount scheme & free parking.
How to Apply for the Financial Controller vacancy:
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact (0116) – 46 101 29 and ask for James.
If you have not been contacted regarding your application within, 7 days please assume that you have not been successful. We will however retain your application for any future roles for which you may be suitable.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, IT & Tech Support, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website. Please be aware that if unsuccessful, we will retain your CV on file and will endeavour to find you a suitable position unless notified of otherwise.