Financial Controller – Nottingham – £40,000 – £50,000 per annum
My client have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller to join their busy finance team at Head Office.
This is a fast-paced role for a £140m turnover food distribution and wholesale business, selling across a wide range of markets – grocery multiples, convenience, food service and catering. This role will be an immediate start for the successful candidate.
Requirements of the Financial Controller:
* A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with post qualification experience.
* Experience in a distribution, Wholesale, retail, FMCG or manufacturing industry.
* Effective communicator at all levels, able to deal with non finance staff.
* Advance working knowledge of MS Excel is essential.
* Proactive and practical attitude to continuous improvement of function and systems.
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail and ability to multi task and ability to work well under pressure.
* Proven experience in successfully managing a team.
Responsibilities of the Financial Controller:
* Deliver timely and high-quality month end management accounts.
* Preparation of Annual Budget.
* Liaise with Statutory auditors.
* Maintenance of Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Accruals and HP schedules, Intercompany Reconciliations.
* Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
* Produce weekly and monthly management information in a timely manner as required by senior management.
* Reconciliation of debtor financing ledger.
* Assist in implementation of a new ERP system.
* Liaising with other non-finance departments.
* Ad hoc support to the Financial Director and Managing Director.
* Continued development of reporting and BI.
* Responsible for a small team of finance and sales order/invoice processing staff, credit control ensuring clear guidelines of job responsibilities within the team.
Benefits of the Financial Controller:
* 20 days holiday plus 8 statutory days.
* Auto enrolment pension.
* a full staff benefits scheme with retail discounts.
* discounted products and memberships.
* Staff Discount in store.
To apply, please email CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0116 262 3733/07850 646 175
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, IT & Tech Support, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website. Please be aware that if unsuccessful, we will retain your CV on file and will endeavour to find you a suitable position unless notified of otherwise.