Duration: 6 months
Pay rate: £21.98 per hour (£40,000 salary equivalent)
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Our client, a leading 3PL logistics and supply chain company is looking for an experienced Project Accountant to join their team on a temporary basis for 6 months. This is a full time role and is site based working a 35 hour week. This is an exciting opportunity and one where the Project Accountant will support a critical, high profile project. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Business Controller to track and report on the daily operation / project costs.
Project Accountant key accountabilities
* Keeping track of the multi-million pound budget
* Create and maintain a project cost tracker highlighting variances to budget
* Complete timely monthly management accounts, ensuring that checks are conducted
* Liaise with the other work stream leads of the project to maintain a forecast in terms of project spend
* Maintain control over the balance sheet including monthly balance sheet reconciliations
* Find areas for improvement using finance trends/KPIs
* Producing operational reports
Project Accountant skills and experience
* CIMA or ACCA Qualified
* Management accounting experience in a complex 3PL or Supply Chain business
* Experience in a customer facing finance role
* Excel – Macros
* Ability to positively influence decisions
How to apply for the Project Accountant
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us and ask for Carla on 0116 3667598
If you have not been contacted regarding your application within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful. We will however retain your application for any future roles for which you may be suitable.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, IT & Tech Support, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website. Please be aware that if unsuccessful, we will retain your CV on file and will endeavour to find you a suitable position unless notified of otherwise.