Job Title: Senior Commercial Manager
Pay: Up to £65k per annum
Hours of Work:40 hours a week
Start Date: ASAP
We are hiring for a Senior Commercial Manager for our client. We are looking ideally for a post-graduate (related degree) who is ambitious and wishing to expand their career in quantity surveying within the consulting sector of the construction industry. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work and gain experience within a variety of sectors including industrial and commercial new build projects with wider project work encompassing student accommodation, hotels, and retail developments. Due to a growth in the Development Services, our client is seeking to appoint a Senior Commercial Manager joint to the team and report into the Associate Director.
Duties of a Senior Commercial Manager
- Cost planning, this will include producing cost plans for commercial purposes
- Preparation of tender documents
- Preparing Construction Document
- Preparation of reports through the project process
- Pre and post contract duties on a variety of public and commercial projects
- Visiting sites to conduct assessment of interim valuations and final accounts
- Perform the role of employer’s agent or contract administration services
Skills and experience of a Senior Commercial manager
- Working knowledge of JCT Contract.
- An ability to implement the principles of construction contract practice
- A strong desire to learn and develop professional skills.
- Time management and organisation skills
- Report writing and communication skills
- IT skills – Excel essential
- Strong Health and Safety awareness
- Pragmatic approach and ability to amend planned activities at short notice
- Knowledge of the RIBA Stages
- Problem solving
- An awareness of risk management
- An understanding of our company’s performance commitments
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to work remotely
- Knowledge of other form of Contracts.
- RICS accreditation.
This client offers
- competitive salaries
- opportunities to invest
- Excellent holiday + bank holidays
- Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year
- Company pension scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Screening
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional Memberships
- commitment to on-going CPD
About the Client
Our client is a leading global professional services firm with c.5000 consultants and service providers. Our client defines, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting with their global expertise they make it easy for their clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic they solve problems that matter. With expertise across a broad range of project types and scales, they guide projects as they move from initiation and scoping, to design and delivery. Their team offers integrated planning, design, technical and project management services to support developers to invest with confidence, streamline approvals and deliver projects that respect and enhance local communities.
Apply to this Commercial Manager role through this advert. If you would like more information about this role, please contact our Construction team on 0116 262 3733. Alternatively, you can contact Charlie on Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org
If successful, you will need to digitally register with our agency (if you haven’t already done so). If you have not been contacted regarding your application within 7 days, please assume that you have not been successful. We will however retain your application for any future roles for which you may be suitable.
About Regional Recruitment Services – A Recruitment Agency in Leeds
This position is advertised by Regional Recruitment Services Ltd, an award-winning independent recruitment agency that has been recruiting since 2008. We offer permanent, temporary and contract jobs within the Commercial, Construction, Industrial and Engineering sectors. To view all of our positions available throughout the United Kingdom, please visit our website (regionalrecruitment.co.uk/job-search).