SEO Manager/Specialist – Generous salary dependant on experience – York
Regional Recruitment Services are offering a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing Digital Marketing Agency, this a great opportunity for an individual to have a direct impact on the growth of an already fantastic and innovative business. If successful, you’ll be working alongside some fresh and exciting clients and helping to carry out eclectically thought out SEO strategies.
This is an amazing opportunity to develop your career and work in a fun, creative and relaxed environment in a company whose work is second to none.
“We’re a holistic digital marketing agency, fitting our services around the goals of our clients and not the other way around. Our main motivator is to make a lasting positive impact on the businesses and lives of the people we work with. A lot of our clients are as likely to come out with a jokey one-liner as they are to ask a question about their digital marketing strategies, and this has been the product of healthy and fruitful business relationships and the trust they have in us. We really do go above and beyond to deliver what we know is achievable.
Joining our agency is a great opportunity for candidates wishing to make their work more meaningful and to work in a friendly and fun environment amongst professionals striving to be the best in the industry. Creativity is also a key component to our business, and we will always give our employees free reign to truly express themselves.”
The successful candidate will play a key part in developing client marketing strategies and delivering those with both on-site & off-site SEO. The role is ideal for someone creative, natural & competent with IT and an independent forward thinker.
Below is a list of key responsibilities:
• Assisting with the creation and delivery of onboarding pitches & proposals
• Plan and ensure the successful delivery of SEO and content marketing campaigns
• Communicate and report monthly to clients regarding the strategy and ongoing success of these campaigns
• Ensure that projects are delivered on time and on-budget through completion of your own tasks, smart delegation and (where necessary) with outside specialist contractors
• Client, competitor and market research
• Technical SEO audits & fixes
• Backlink audits, research, prospecting & outreach
• Citation audits & directory listings
• Website architecture analysis and optimisation
• Brand monitoring
• Keyword research & position tracking
• Writing creative content and copy (dependent on content writing ability)
• Assisting with client website migrations making sure they are carried out using best SEO practices
• Developing relationships with clients
• Identifying & developing new opportunities for clients to improve website performance & grow their brand
• Assist in the mentoring and training of the team (dependant on experience)
• Assisting in the delivery of the company blog
• Using various SEO tools for research, auditing and reporting. These may include, but are not limited to, Google Search Console, Bing Search Console, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Supermetrics, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio & SpyFu
• Keeping up to date with the latest in SEO & digital marketing. You will be allowed time in your working hours to do this and it will be highly encouraged
Whilst the core duties of the role are defined, the remaining responsibilities can be tailored around the talents of the successful candidate. Our client encourages specialities and innovation.
Salary and benefits
Our client offers a very generous salary which will be set based on your level of experience. They also offer multiple benefits that aren’t limited to:
• Work social events and activities
• Flexible working hours
• Career development & training
• Encouragement towards ideas, innovation and special projects – If you have any great ideas on how we can better our agency and/or our client services, you’ll have our full support and backing
• Company supplied fruit & drinks
• Company laptop
• Your birthday off!
Required experience & skills
• A minimum of 24 months SEO experience
• Track record of growing organic traffic through search engine optimisation
• Experience using tools such as Google Search Console, Bing Search Console, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs (highly desirable), Moz, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Supermetrics, Google Tag Manager & SpyFu
• A strong understanding of on-site & off-site SEO
• The ability to conduct SEO audits & carry out any necessary research
• Moderate to advanced understanding of HTML & the ability to edit website files using FTP clients & text editors
• Strong IT capabilities – especially on Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
• Creative thinking
• Experience and knowledge of link building strategies and execution
• The enthusiasm to get stuck in and take ownership of your work
• A desire to learn & develop your abilities
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• A genuine interest in the digital marketing industry, a thirst for knowledge and perhaps a bit of a competitive streak
Bonus points for:
• A degree in marketing, media/communications, creative disciplines, English or a similar relevant subject.
• Further experience with technical PPC, CRO, PR, email marketing and/or social media marketing
If you don’t quite meet these requirements but you still feel you’d be a great candidate, we’re happy to receive your application along with a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a perfect fit for the job.
Their office is based in York, near the city centre.
How to apply
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us on 0116 366 7618 and ask for Ryan. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website.