Job Title: Surface Mount Engineer
Location: Atherstone, Coventry
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours / Days:
- 07:45 – 16:45 – Monday – Thursday
- 07:45 – 12:45 – Friday
Immediate start available
Our client, a leading UK manufacturer for the electronics industry based in Atherstone, are looking for an experienced Surface Mount Engineer, to join their long-standing team. The company specialises in the design and development of small to large scale SMT assembly products.
Role & Main Duties:
- Setting Up & Maintenance of SMT Machines
- Working in line with production specifications
- Conducting IPC checks in relevant areas
- Working in a strong team-based environment
- Calibrating equipment
- Following production schedules & offering input on improvements for such schedules/processes
- Quality control
- Multi skilled – with experience in surface mount high volume manufacturing environment
- Flexible – ability to undertake general equipment repairs & maintenance as required
- Self-starting & highly motivated – impeccable time & attendance and a ‘can do’ attitude
- High safety standards – demonstrable by examples – ie; knowledge of risk & method statements, safe systems of work etc.
- PC skills – must be a proficient user of Office based programs and company based software
- Able to interpret mechanical and electrical elements of the production equipment through diagrams/manuals.
- Able to detect areas for improvements in the production equipment, and monitor the progression of such improvements.
- Make adjustments (set-ups) in the machinery and equipment necessary for the development of the production process
- Carry out corrective maintenance or repair on the equipment and machinery required by the production areas
- Carry out preventive maintenance services on equipment
- Mechanical engineering background required and the ability to read from technical/engineering drawings
- Understanding of SMT/PCB Electronics industry, with electrical and mechanical bias
- Strong IT Skills – Ability to pick up in-house systems and use of Office based programs
- Electrical/Mechanical multi-discipline based qualifications will be advantageous
Immediate interview available so please contact Ethan @ Regional Recruitment Services on 0116 366 7605, or click “Apply Now” to send your CV directly to Ethan@regionalrecruitment.com
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, IT & Tech Support, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website. Please be aware that if unsuccessful, we will retain your CV on file and will endeavour to find you a suitable position unless notified of otherwise.