Job Title: Vehicle Transport Planner
Pay Rate: £25,000 – £30,000 per annum
Hours: 40 Hrs per week – (Mon-Friday between 6:00AM-6:00PM)
Location: Coalville, Leicestershire
Start Date: ASAP
Vehicle Transport Planner Overview
Regional Recruitment Services are seeking a Vehicle Transport Planner to join a dynamic and evolving family business, based in Coalville. This is a rare opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing organisation in the vehicle transportation sector. You will be responsible for the day to day planning of an allocated fleet of drivers and trucks, ensuring efficiency’s are met in both load building and truck utilisation. The Transport Planner’s primary role will be to plan and route on a daily basis vehicle schedules to HGV’s and drivers. This is an excellent role for an organised, vehicle transportation specialist who enjoys building and maintaining relationships, solving problems and increasing efficiency’s.
The ideal candidate should be excited about the opportunity to work alongside other planners, managing the efficiency of this clients service. The candidate should have several years of experience in transport planning.
Vehicle Transport Planner Key Responsibilities
* Using the bespoke HNF transport system to build loads and allocate to drivers.
* Utilising truck and driver to achieve best customer service levels.
* Working alongside Tacho regs and WTD to plan the drivers day efficiently and achievably.
* Working closely alongside other planners and cover work as required.
* Answering and responding to all incoming customer and driver telephone calls in a prompt, polite and professional manner.
* Liaise with drivers over the phone and face to face to resolve any issues that arise.
* Looking at truck revenues/profitability.
* Requesting vehicles from various collection points.
* Book drivers in for collections from various sites.
Key Attributes for a Vehicle Transport Planner
* Experience of Vehicle Transportation
* Manual Planning Experience
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
* Outstanding geographical knowledge
* Strong analytical ability.
* Planning skills in order to work out best solutions and efficiency’s
* Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
* Numeracy skills in order to analyse facts and figures.
* Strong PC literacy skills using multiple screens/software at any one time
* The ability to work and remain calm under pressure in a busy environment
* Ability to multitask and prioritise projects.
How To Apply For The Transport Planner Role
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us on 0116 26 2 37 33 and ask for Aaron. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, IT & Tech Support, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website. Please be aware that if unsuccessful, we will retain your CV on file and will endeavour to find you a suitable position unless notified of otherwise.