Duration: Temp Ongoing
Hourly Rate: £14.00 per hour (£29,120 Salary equivalent)
£16.00 per hour for any hours worked Saturday & Sunday
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.00 till 4.30
40 hours per week
Regional Recruitment are looking to hire an experienced Transport Planner. Our client is a leading third party logistics and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. . The candidate will be required to cover colleagues across 5 planning contracts, so the workstream will change regularly. The role is a mixture of providing holiday cover and providing support on contracts with sub-contraction and selling loads to hauliers.
The Transport Planner will be responsible for
* Responsible for the dynamic day to day planning of multiple contracts, ensuring the provision of an effective and efficient transport service resulting in timely deliveries/collections.
* To plan and execute an optimum transport plan in a time critical environment.
* Liaise with Operations department to ensure that the best plans are achieved – reviewing and manipulating the plan as required.
* Carry out strategic planning and forecasting, taking into consideration seasonal changes and boundary realignments as necessary.
* Responsible for ensuring that all customer service KPI’s are consistently met.
* Ensure that the least cost transport plan is produced – operating within stipulated budgets.
* Complete comparison analysis on a regular basis – reviewing actual v planned.
* Assist in the daily production of an accurate management information document for circulation.
* Maintain accurate and efficient files, both computerised and manual as required.
* To attend any relevant training sessions to ensure you are fully equipped to perform your role effectively and assist in the development of continuous improvement within the function and network as a whole.
* To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and the depot.
Essential skills and experience required for the Transport Planner
* Analytical thinker with excellent planning and organisational skills
* PC literate with experience of a computerised routing system an advantage (in addition to spreadsheet usage and database knowledge) e.g. Paragon/Freighter
* Good communicator at all levels
* Numerate, with a sound financial mind
* Ability to fully understand transport and client policies and procedures and the impact of the transport function on the organisation
* Attention to detail, minimising opportunity for error
* Team player whilst able to work on own initiative
* Must have the ability to prioritise
* Must be flexible with regards to working weekends / rotating shifts (days)
How to apply for the Transport Planner
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us and ask for Carla on 0116 3667598
If you have not been contacted regarding your application within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful. We will however retain your application for any future roles for which you may be suitable.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, IT & Tech Support, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website. Please be aware that if unsuccessful, we will retain your CV on file and will endeavour to find you a suitable position unless notified of otherwise.