Job Title: Warehouse Logistics Manager
Location: Castle Donington, Leicestershire
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum – D.O.E
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Full Time (40 hours)
We currently have an opportunity available for an experienced Warehouse and Logistics Manager. This opportunity is working for the largest manufacturer of flat and pitched roofing and waterproofing solutions throughout Europe. The successful candidate must have previous experience managing an operational warehouse and third party logistics.
The successful Warehouse and Logistics Manager will be responsible for:
* Manage the relationships with all third party distribution companies (inbound & outbound) to ensure adherence of SLA’s and high levels of customer service is achieved
* Monitor and control distribution costs and take remedial action where cost performance issues are identified to ensure achievement of service and cost targets
* Scope and agree with third party distribution providers KPIs which deliver continuous cost and service performance improvement
* Lead the management of the Castle Donington warehouse operations in all aspects of compliance and in line with company policies and vision
* Ensure operations adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislative requirements ensuring standard operating procedures are maintained and observed
* Develop a team of warehouse operatives whose competencies, skills and qualities are consistent with the companies’ requirements for the future
* Effectively manage the flow of stock, optimise space and continually review stock health through PI checks and supporting PLW on ABC / XYZ analysis
* Conduct regular audit checks on inbound deliveries to ensure compliance to gold sample standards, escalating any non-compliance.
* Identify and implement process improvements (including ISO requirements) which ensure the logistics and warehouse operations perform effectively and fulfil their role in the supply chain
* Set and monitor key performance indicators for the logistics and warehouse operations which deliver continuous improvement
* Develop depot and warehousing objectives that are consistent both strategically and operationally with those of the Supply Chain function
* Ensure compliance with all company health & safety policies.
The skills required for the Warehouse and Logistics Manager:
* Experience in managing an operational warehouse and third party logistics
* Experience in developing and executing strategic plans
* Experience of working with cross functional teams and building effective relationships
* Strong communication and influencing skills with a innovative & improvement mindset
How to Apply for the Warehouse and Logistics Manager opportunity
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to email, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not been contacted regarding your application within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful. We will however retain your application for any future roles for which you may be suitable.
Regional Recruitment Services Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business that specialise in Customer Services & Administration, Sales & Marketing, IT & Tech Support, Accountancy & Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Trades & Labour. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website. Please be aware that if unsuccessful, we will retain your CV on file and will endeavour to find you a suitable position unless notified of otherwise.